Sunday, December 23, 2012

Transition into Digital Painting

This was my first semester painting digitally. Initially, I was too intimidated to use Photoshop, since I'd only used it once or twice before for photo editing and I remembered there being soooooo many buttons. So I used a much more simple/intuitive (and much less powerful) program called Sketchbook Pro as a crutch. I eventually warmed up to Photoshop, but these were all done in Sketchbook Pro.

This is LITERALLY my first digital painting ever! I did it
while testing out tablets and figuring out which one to buy. 

I knew that I would have to paint kitchen items for class, so I
did this little B&W study of a wok right before summer ended.

This was the first pass of a kitchen object I painted for class.

After a critique I  went back and
zoomed in on the pot to work on the texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment